What causes skin aging?
Skin aging is a natural process because of genetic or biological factors or external factors such as continued exposure to sunlight and pollution. Fine wrinkles and a thinner epidermis are the most tell-tale signs of aging. Anti-aging is a process that requires a combination of several steps to restore the different layers of the skin. There is a rise in demand for healthier options for anti-aging as anti-wrinkle creams and other procedures have shown a pattern of harm than repair for the skin. Read on to find out easy-to-use organic remedies to delay the process of skin aging. Visit to know about Skin Hydrating tips.
Symptoms of aging:
- Thin skin reduces elasticity and firmness.
- Discoloration and vulnerability to bruises.
- Skin tags, spots, and wrinkles as one age.
- Dry, saggy and dull skin all over the body.
Organic anti-aging treatments
- Emollients, humectants and occlusives: These compounds manage rough, dry and damaged skin and heal and nourish it with required nutrition. Cocoa butter, shea butter, argan oil, avocado oil, olive oil, sunflower oil and other oils are emollients that can help to moisturize and hydrate the skin after a shower. Occlusives work by creating a layer of physical barrier to prevent water loss from the outer layers of the skin. They can be used with lighter ingredients by themselves, making the skin greasy and heavy. Humectants include honey, glycerine and hyaluronic acid that bind moisture into the skin. When applied to moist skin, it gets absorbed and helps to pull out the water from the inner layers to the outer layers of the skin.
- Antioxidants: Green tea, coffee, Vitamin C, E, and A are antioxidants that prevent the oncoming wrinkles due to aging. These can be included in the diet or applied externally. Green tea, in particular, is an agent to deflate eye bags and open up the skin pores.
- Vitamins: Vitamins are vital for healthy skin. In skin care, commonly used vitamins include Vitamin C, A, and E. Vitamin C help produce collagen, lighten scars and skin tone and firm up the skin. Vitamin E softens the skin. Foods such as fruits and melons are rich sources of these vitamins essential to maintaining youthful skin.
- Sun blocking ingredients: Sunburns, dark patches, sagging, and leathering occur due to excessive sunlight exposure and harmful radiation. Protection from sunlight is an integral part of skincare and must be done to protect from premature aging. Aloe vera, coconut oil, green tea, shea butter, ginger, etc., protect the skin from the sun. Aloe vera gel can be applied on a clean and dry face. Rubbing a slice of ginger on the skin is an excellent antioxidant and can also prevent collagen breakdown.
- Cucumber: High in water content and loaded with essential nutrients, cucumber is an excellent cooling agent and promotes blood circulation and healing. It also improves complexion and puffiness around the eyes. Similarly, oranges are packed with Vitamin C, are rich in water content, and act as a natural brightener. It also removes grime and impurities from the skin. Homemade masks can be made from orange, or they can be sliced and wiped all over the face.
- Donkey milk: Donkey milk has several of the above properties and is one of the most natural and gentle healing agents. It supplies the skin with a host of vitamins and nutrients, aside from making skin soft and supple. It has anti-aging properties as it provides healing and maintains the skin's texture. Donkey milk is rich in antioxidants and prevents darkening, spots, wrinkles and pigmentation.
A variety of natural ingredients can be used to delay aging. In addition, a healthy diet and sun protection can go a long way. Natural ingredients are considered safe and have no side effects. However, since procuring a range of components and applying them to achieve different benefits from each can be pretty cumbersome, we at Organiko have our range of soaps that combine the goodness of donkey milk with many of the above-mentioned organic ingredients. Using such soaps can achieve the desired results without having to use several different ingredients separately. Visit www.organiko.in, and you won't be disappointed after trying our products!